Doe Run is committed to continued quality improvement and
providing products that consistently meet customer requirements. Several of The
Doe Run Company’s facilities maintain certification from the
International Organization for
the world’s largest developer of voluntary international standards that specify
requirements for a quality management system. Herculaneum, Resource Recycling
and Fabricated Products' (FPI) Vancouver, Wash., facility hold ISO
9001:2008 certifications. Resource Recycling, and Doe Run’s Sweetwater, Fletcher and Brushy Creek Mines and Mills also hold ISO 14001:2004 certifications for
managing environmental impacts and improving environmental performance.
Doe Run's Maroon Team won the championship title at the Mine Safety and Health Administration’s 2010 and 2014 Metal/Nonmetal National Mine Rescue Competitions. To win, the team managed a simulated mine emergency that tested how well its members adhered to mine rescue procedures and how quickly they completed specific tasks.
- Two Southeast Missouri Mining and Milling Division (SEMO) mines received the prestigious Mine Safety and Health Administration's (MSHA) Sentinels of Safety Award in 2012. The Buick Mine won for outstanding safety performance in the Large Underground Metal Mine category, and the #29 Mine was honored in the Small Underground Metal Mine category. The Sentinels of Safety are the highest safety honor in the U.S. mining industry. Doe Run and its predecessors have earned this award 28 times since 1971.
- Resource Recycling reached one million safe work hours without a lost-time injury in 2012, 1998 and 1993.
- For the first time in its 50 years of operation, SEMO reached 3 million safe work hours without a lost-time injury in 2013. Previously, SEMO reached the one million safe hours milestone in 1989, 1996 and 2012.
- In May 2015, Fabricated Products Inc. (FPI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Doe Run, achieved 1.5 million hours without a lost time accident. This milestone represents more than 16 years of safe work at FPI’s Casa Grande, Arizona facility and 11 years of safe work at its Vancouver, Washington, facility.
- The Casa Grande facility of FPI has received a “Perfect Record Award” from the National Safety Council each year from 2000 through 2014.
Mine Rescue Honors
Doe Run’s three mine rescue teams serve as emergency responders for the company’s six operating lead mines. Mine rescue teams compete year-round in mine rescue competitions to hone their skills. Doe Run’s teams are regularly recognized among the nation’s most skilled at regional and national mine rescue competitions.
- Regional Mine Rescue Competitions
- 2014, First Place, Technician Team Competition, Southeastern Regional
- 2014, First Place, Technician Team Competition, Colorado Regional
- 2014, Second Place, First-Aid Competition, Colorado Regional
- 2014, Second Place, Field Competition, Southeastern Regional
- 2013 First Place, Field Competition, Southeastern Regional
- 2012 First Place, Field Competition, Southern Regional
- 2012 Third Place, Field Competition, Southwestern Regional
- 2012 Third Place, First-Aid Competition, Southwestern Regional
- 2011 Third Place, First-Aid Competition, Southern Regional
- 2011 Second Place, Field Competition, Colorado Regional
- 2010 First Place, Field Competition, Southwestern Regional
- 2010 Third Place, Three-Man First-Aid Competition, Southwestern Regional
- MSHA Metal/Nonmetal National Mine Rescue Contest
- 2014 First Place Overall, National Championship Title
- 2013 Third Place, First-Aid Competition
- 2010 First Place Overall, National Championship Title
- 2010 Final Round Qualifier
- 2010 Third Place, Two-Man Technician Competition
- Missouri University of Science and Technology Annual Southeast Missouri Mine Rescue Competition
- 2015 Best in State Honors
- 2015 Third Place, First Aid
- 2015 Fourth Place, Field Event
- 2014 First Place Overall
- 2014 First Place, First-Aid Competition
- 2014 First Place, Technician Team Competition
- 2012 First Place Overall
- 2012 First Place, First-Aid Competition
- 2012 Second Place, Underground Competition
- 2011 First Place, First-Aid Competition
- 2011 Third Place, Team Technician Competition
- 2010 First Place, Mine Field Problem
- 2010 First Place, Team Technician Competition
- 2010 Second Place, First-Aid Competition
- 2010 Third Place, Mine Field Problem
- 2006 through 2010 Best in State Winner
- 2014 Missouri Enterprise Missouri impact! Award for Continuous Improvement in Manufacturing Excellence
- 2013 APEX Award of Excellence for Green Annual Report for 2011 Driving Sustainability Report
- 2013 Public Relations Society of America Silver Anvil Award of Excellence and 2013 International Association of Business Professionals Gold Quill Award of Merit for the design and launch of the internal "Engaging Employees to DRIVE Doe Run" campaign
- 2012 Grand APEX Award for Annual Report for 2010 Leading Change Sustainability Report
- 2012 Information Week 500 List of Top Technology Innovators across America
- 2011 Information Week 500 List of Top Technology Innovators across America
- St. Louis Regional Chamber and Growth Association St. Louis Green Business Challenge recognition 2011, 2012 and 2013 in the tenant category
- 2010 PMO of the Year 1st finalist (runner-up) for Doe Run’s project management office (PMO)
- 2008 APEX Award for 2006 Neighbors Report to Our Communities
- 2006 APEX Award for 2005 Neighbors Report to Our Communities
- 2005 APEX Award for 2004 Neighbors Report to Our Communities
- 2004 APEX Award for 2003 Neighbors Report to Our Communities