Doe Run shares its social, economic and environmental performance annually, using an internationally recognized sustainability reporting framework, known as the Global Reporting Initiative, or the GRI. The framework was developed to encourage balanced and transparent disclosure globally.
Doe Run’s Sustainability Principles
- We will respect community values, priorities and interests in our business decisions.
- We will provide enduring benefits that enhance our communities.
- We will protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors and communities.
- We will respect and invest in our people.
- We will minimize the impact of our operations on the environment.
- We will take a leadership role to improve the recycling rates for our products and the materials used in connection with our processes.
- We will provide effective stewardship of the minerals we extract and the energy and water we use.
- We will maximize the economic benefits we provide to our stakeholders.