Several of The Doe Run Company’s facilities maintain certification from the International Organization for Standardization (ISO), the world’s largest developer of voluntary international standards that signify product quality and safety. Herculaneum, Buick Resource Recycling Division (BRRD) and Fabricated Products' Vancouver, Wash., facility hold ISO 9001(:2008) certifications that recognize Doe Run’s dedication to continued quality improvement and products that consistently meet customer requirements. BRRD also holds an ISO 14001:2004 certification for managing environmental impacts and improving environmental performance.
Doe Run's Maroon Team won the championship title at the Mine Safety and Health Administration’s 2010 Metal/Nonmetal National Mine Rescue Competition. To win, the team managed a simulated mine emergency that tested how well its members adhered to mine rescue procedures and how quickly they completed specific tasks.
- Receiving the Mine Safety and Health Administration’s (MSHA) Sentinel of Safety Award is the highest safety honor in the U.S. mining industry. Doe Run and its predecessors have earned this award 25 times since 1971.
- BRRD has reached one million safe work hours without a lost-time injury three times since it opened in 1991. BRRD employees achieved this milestone in 2012, 1998 and 1993.
- In 2011, the Casa Grande, Ariz., facility, owned by Doe Run’s subsidiary, FPI, surpassed 12 years without a lost-time accident. It has received a “Perfect Record Award” from the National Safety Council each year from 2000 through 2011.
Mine Rescue Honors
Doe Run’s three mine rescue
teams serve as emergency responders for the company’s six operating lead mines. Mine rescue
teams compete year-round in mine rescue competitions to hone their skills. Doe Run’s teams are regularly recognized among the nation’s most skilled at regional and national mine rescue
- Regional Mine Rescue Competitions
- 2012 First Place, Field Competition, Southern Regional
- 2012 Third Place, Field Competition, Southwestern Regional
- 2012 Third Place, First-Aid Competition, Southwestern Regional
- 2011 Third Place, First-Aid Competition, Southern Regional
- 2011 Second Place, Field Competition, Colorado Regional
- 2010 First Place, Field Competition, Southwestern Regional
- 2010 Third Place, Three-Man First-Aid Competition, Southwestern Regional
- MSHA 2012 Metal/Nonmetal National Mine Rescue Contest
- 2010 First Place Overall, National Championship Title
- 2010 Final Round Qualifier
- 2010 Third Place, Two-Man Technician Competition
- Missouri University of Science and Technology Annual Southeast Missouri Mine Rescue Competition
- 2011 First Place, First-Aid Competition
- 2011 Third Place, Team Technician Competition
- 2010 First Place, Mine Field Problem
- 2010 First Place, Team Technician Competition
- 2010 Second Place, First-Aid Competition
- 2010 Third Place, Mine Field Problem
- 2006 through 2010 Best in State Winner
- 2012 Grand APEX Award for Annual Report for Doe Run’s 2010 Leading Change Sustainability Report
- 2012 Information Week 500 List of Top Technology Innovators across America
- 2011 Information Week 500 List of Top Technology Innovators across America
- St. Louis Regional Chamber and Growth Association 2011 St. Louis Green Business Challenge Merit and Circle of Excellence Award
- 2010 PMO of the Year 1st finalist (runner-up) for Doe Run’s project management office (PMO)
- 2008 APEX Award for 2006 Neighbors Report to Our Communities
- 2006 APEX Award for 2005 Neighbors Report to Our Communities
- 2005 APEX Award for 2004 Neighbors Report to Our Communities
- 2004 APEX Award for 2003 Neighbors Report to Our Communities